We’re looking for someone to help us develop strong engagement models for our online community, and maximize learning, discussion and conviviality among our users.
To learn more about the benefits of working with us, check out this page.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to the development of a solid community relationship management framework, to ensure users receive the information they want in the most appropriate channel.
- Contribute to the development and execution of our content development, editorial and social media strategy.
- Post and interact on our various social media channels, in English and/or Chinese, through text, video and photograph.
- Contribute to the development of innovative online engagement models, including translation forums and comments.
What kind of person we’re looking for
- Someone who’s able to communicate through multiple media (video, photography, text)
- Someone who can or will learn social media management techniques, scheduling, post formatting, etc.
- Someone willing to trial and experiment, with a strong creative streak.
- Someone ready to provide assertive advice on the choice of appropriate content, images, and channels for a range of audiences.
- Someone willing to plan a communication strategy long-term, including the development and maintenance of planning documents.
More about the role
Language skills: A solid working knowledge of English is required for the role. Chinese language skills are strongly valued, but not essential.
Remuneration: The position is offered on a volunteer basis. Some expense compensation may be negotiated.
Time commitment: The role will require between one and two days of work every week, and thirty minutes of monitoring every two days. Working times may vary, and will be negotiable. Tenure is for a minimum of 12 weeks – with a possibility to get more involved in our organisation over time.
Reporting: The successful candidate will work as part of a team, and report directly to the Community Manager / CEO. We’ll provide the Wi-Fi, but we’ll expect you to bring your own laptop. If you don’t have a laptop, please don’t let that discourage you from applying, we may be able to work something out.
Work Environment: The successful candidate will be able to work from our roaming office in Melbourne. Some of the work may be conducted from home.
How to apply?
We’re looking for people, not ‘resources’ or ‘skills’, so don’t write us a generic cover letter, but tell us a bit about yourself, and in particular why you think you’d be great for the role and why you think the role would be great for you. And if you’d like to send us a pic of your dog, please do!
To apply, send a CV to [email protected]. Applications for this position is due on May 24, 2013.
For more information, call Julien at 0420 225 834.