We’re looking for a passionate, business-minded person to help us bring money into Marco Polo Project. We’re seeking someone with ideas and experience to contribute, and we’ll be more than happy to take on board all your suggestions. As a key money-maker in a non-profit organisation, we will need you to understand sales channels and opportunities for income generation.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop relationships with potential partners and donors, leading to the delivery of events and training.
- Identify projects suitable for crowd-funding, and work with our CEO – himself a pozible ambassador – to put together an exciting crowd-funding campaign.
- Identify, approach and negotiate in-kind support for key areas of priority (catering, venues, transport, IT development)
- Identify alternative fundraising activities for Marco Polo Project, and support their execution
What kind of person we’re looking for
- We’re looking for a dynamic person who will make things happen – make contacts, shoot a video, follow up calls, or whatever way the funds need to come through.
- We’re looking for someone with a good business head, in particular someone who can advise on comparable services, research their market cost, and suggest pricing levels.
- We’re looking for someone who shares our values, and will not compromise our mission for financial gain
- We’re looking for someone with a solid understanding of corporate partnerships, able to develop and execute a concerted partnership strategy.
More about the role
Language skills: This role requires advanced oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Mandarin will be strongly valued.
Remuneration: This position is offered on a percentage basis. Our fundraising manager will keep a percentage of all funds they raise.
Time commitment: The role will require approximately four days of work every month – working times may vary, and will be negotiable. Appointment is for a duration of three months, renewable.
Reporting: The successful candidate will work as part of a team, and report directly to the Director, Operations. We’ll provide the Wi-Fi, but we’ll expect you to bring your own laptop. If you don’t have a laptop, please don’t let that discourage you from applying, we may be able to work something out.
Work Environment: The successful candidate will have the option to work in our ‘cloud office’ in the Melbourne CBD, or conduct most of the work from home, and meet with our CEO at our Docklands Office.
How to apply?
We’re looking for people, not ‘resources’ or ‘skills’, so don’t write us a generic cover letter, but tell us a bit about yourself, and in particular why you think you’d be great for this role and why you think this role would be great for you. And if you’d like to send us a pic of your dog, please do!
To apply, send a CV to [email protected].
For more information, call Julien at 0420 225 834.