How to use our website?
- No events
register / login
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments info AT marcopoloproject.org.
Keywords: places and locations
Keywords: politics, development, economyagriculture architecture bureaucracy business censorship civil disobedience constitution consumerism corruption demography design development dissent economy employment environment free market government grassroots huawei industry inequality innovation IT land law leadership lenovo modernity party policy politics pollution protest public service real estate recruitment reform resources revolution service transport urbanisation urbanism Wal-mart war welfare
Keywords: culture, media, social issuesaging animals art books children city life culture death disability divorce education face family feminism fiction film food friendship gaokao gender health history homosexuality intellectuals intergenerational relations internet journalism landscape language literature marriage martial arts media medicine migration music new generation new media newspaper night-life parents pension personal story poetry politeness pornography prostitution reconciliation relationships sex sexuality Snowden society sport Spring Festival suicide teenager travel TV university video games weibo women work
Values and theoriesAdam Smith aesthetics anger apology authoritarianism beauty buddhism christianism collaboration communism competition confucianism Confucius consensus consumerism cultural revolution democracy ethics faith fear feelings freedom hatred ideology Islam Lenin liberalism loneliness loss of values love loyalty marxism materialism memory money nationalism orientalism philosophy political theory psychology public intellectuals racism religion sadness social ethics sociology theory values
A note on our translationsAll translations on this website are generated by users on a volunteer basis. Translation is a difficult art, and various interpretations of a passage are sometimes possible. The version you're reading may contain inaccuracies - or the meaning intended by its original author may not exactly correspond to your interpretation. It is your responsibility to take this potential margin of error into account whenever quoting from us or forming a judgement based on one of our texts.
- Simon Cooper on Wal-Mart story 2: what kind of company is Wal-Mart? – 沃尔玛故事（二）沃尔玛是家什么样的公司？ – English
- julien.leyre on Wal-Mart story 2: what kind of company is Wal-Mart? – 沃尔玛故事（二）沃尔玛是家什么样的公司？ – English
- Melbourne-Nanjing All-you-can-translate event | Marco Polo Project blog on ‘Chinese elements’ in Western films: truth and myth – “中国元素”背后的文化想象与真相 – English
- julien.leyre on Politicians shaping their image: from ‘God’ to ‘good person’ – 从“造神”到“做人”：政治人物的华丽转身 – English
- julien.leyre on Medical reform in Modern China – 回眸近现代中国医改进程 – English
- julien.leyre on ‘Chinese elements’ in Western films: truth and myth – “中国元素”背后的文化想象与真相 – English
- julien.leyre on Enterprises should very thoroughly cut power – 企业家王瑛：企业要非常彻底地和权力切割 – English
- julien.leyre on Man faints on the way back home under parental pressure – 父母事先承诺不逼婚 男子回家途中得知相亲当场气晕 – English
- insight on Man faints on the way back home under parental pressure – 父母事先承诺不逼婚 男子回家途中得知相亲当场气晕 – English
- Our Sources – Shu Dong | Marco Polo Project blog on 什么是树洞 – What is ShuDong? – English
Sources and copyright – 版权
Our website provides a diverse selection of new online writing from China. Our goal is to promote cultural exchange and give Western readers a direct access to voices from China. We make all efforts to get authorisation from authors before re-publishing, and all our texts have a link to their original source.
If you are a copyright owner, and you believe that any material on our website infringes your copyright, please accept our apologies, contact us at info at marcopoloproject.org to remove the texts in question.
我们所有的文本有一个链接到原始来源， 并承认原作者。 我们的目标是促进文化交流并给西方读者直接访问来自中国的声音。 如果您是版权拥有者，您认为在我们的网站的任何材料侵犯了您的版权，请与我们联系信息在marcopoloproject.org。我们会从我们的网站删除文本。