- An engineer by trade, Liu Cixin began writing science fiction in the early 1990s and published his first short story in 1999. Over the past decade he has won multiple awards for his fiction and has become China\'s most popular domestic science fiction author. Liu’s recent novels, beginning with the inclusion of Ball Lightning as part of Science Fiction World’s Nebula series, have led to increased mainstream attention to the genre. The second volume of his Three Body trilogy, The Dark Forest, made a number of year-end best-of lists in 2008, and his work has been critiqued in literary journals such as Book City and Fiction World.http://paper-republic.org/authors/liu-cixin/
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments firstname.lastname@example.org.
register / login
What can I do here? 我能够做什么呢?
Topicsaesthetics America Beijing books business city life corruption culture development economy education environment family food government history hong kong inequality international internet language law literature marriage media nationalism new generation overseas personal story philosophy protest public service regions relationships religion sexuality society sport taiwan travel urbanism values women work 法律
- Louise on 那些年，我们一起打的辩论赛 – The debating competitions we took part in – English
- 与哲世界 on 我为什么读博士 – Why am I writing a PhD? – English
- 匠之道 on 我为什么读博士 – Why am I writing a PhD? – English
- julien.leyre on Workshops
- Zeny on Workshops
- julien.leyre on 公立幼儿园只招官二代让教育蒙羞 – Public Kindergarten’s recruitment scandal – English
- julien.leyre on 走进澳洲中部 – Entering Central Australia – English
- paddy.james.35 on 走进澳洲中部 – Entering Central Australia – English
- julien.leyre on 是什么让人感觉“中国人太多”？- Why do people think that “There’s too many Chinese?” – English
- Newsletter #9 – May 2013 | The Marco Polo Project Blog on Terms
- 身份认证与文化冲突 - Proof of identity and cultural conflict
- 苦逼了就辞职弃学去旅行？After so much effort, will you leave for a trip?
- 武林身体观 - Martial arts conceptions of the body
- 从乌鸦身上找回地主 - Finding the landlord under the crows
- 你也许觉得这是荒芜 - You may see this as a kind of wasteland
- 朱自清的温州 - Zhu Ziqing's Wenzhou - English
- 朱自清的温州 - Le Wenzhou de Zhu Ziqing - francais
- 对话单身－－物欲 - Singles talk about materialism - English
- 武术家赵道新眼中的中国功夫 - Chinese martial arts in the eyes of Zhao Daoxin - English
- “自我”的秘密————从《西游记》到《黑客帝国》- The secret of the self: from "Journey to the West" to "The Matrix"
TranslatorsJulien Leyre, Amy , Shuwen , chica nueva , Vivien Cheng, Lavender , rbcclin , chesterli, Linde XiaoLong, Antoine Roset, Seeyan Lee, Marta Osowiecka, Shengui , Andrea Lim, Simon Huang, Dingkun Wang, Ginny , Paul Kinnock, Chritsopher Bhe, Xianan , Louise LIANG
View all Translators