Hacking Chinese translation challenge
Looking for a December drill? Join the Hacking Chinese Translation Challenge, and practice!
How to use our website?
Check out our new audio app!
register / login
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments info AT marcopoloproject.org.
Key Authors and sources
China 30s (innovation, new generations)
Cui Weiping (history, philosophy)
Feng Qingyang (business, economics)
Lan Ran (aesthetics, travel)
Li Yehang (religion, philosophy)
Li Yinhe (emotions, gender)
Muran (philosophy, politics, media)
Wei Zhou (history, travel)
Xin Lijian (economics, politics)
Yu Ge (philosophy, society)
Zhang Tianpan (media, social innovation)
Zheng Yongnian (international, politics)
Zhou Baosong (economics, inequality)
Topicsaesthetics America art Beijing books business Chinese overseas city life corruption culture development economy education emotions environment ethics family fiction film food government health history Hong Kong inequality innovation international internet language law literature love marriage media migration nationalism new generation new media personal story philosophy poetry politics psychology public service reform regions relationships religion rural areas sexuality society sport Taiwan travel university urbanism values Western China women work
A note on our translationsAll translations on this website are generated by users on a volunteer basis. Translation is a difficult art, and various interpretations of a passage are sometimes possible. The version you're reading may contain inaccuracies - or the meaning intended by its original author may not exactly correspond to your interpretation. It is your responsibility to take this potential margin of error into account whenever quoting from us or forming a judgement based on one of our texts.
- francesfu on Learn more about China
- A digest of online China – December 1 – December 5Marco Polo Project blog on Everyone is spoiling children – 人人都在惯孩子 – English
- A digest of online China – December 1 – December 5Marco Polo Project blog on Marriage is the loneliest condition – 世界上最孤独的事莫过于结婚 – English
- A digest of online China – November 23 – November 28Marco Polo Project blog on 广州，别人的沙漠，我们的天堂 – Guangzhou, desert for others paradise for us – English
- A digest of online China – November 17 – November 21Marco Polo Project blog on 敢吃螃蟹，才有回报 – You’ll only get returns if you dare to eat crab – English
- A digest of online China – June 26-July 1Marco Polo Project blog on How will the book publishing industry get healthier? – 图书出版界如何实现健康良性运行？ – English
Sources and copyright – 版权
Our website provides a diverse selection of new online writing from China. Our goal is to promote cultural exchange and give Western readers a direct access to voices from China. We make all efforts to get authorisation from authors before re-publishing, and all our texts have a link to their original source.
If you are a copyright owner, and you believe that any material on our website infringes your copyright, please accept our apologies, contact us at info at marcopoloproject.org to remove the texts in question.
我们所有的文本有一个链接到原始来源， 并承认原作者。 我们的目标是促进文化交流并给西方读者直接访问来自中国的声音。 如果您是版权拥有者，您认为在我们的网站的任何材料侵犯了您的版权，请与我们联系信息在marcopoloproject.org。我们会从我们的网站删除文本。