Marco Polo Marathon – November 1
How to use our website?
register / login
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments info AT marcopoloproject.org.
Topicsaesthetics America Australia Beijing books business Chinese overseas city life corruption culture development economy education environment ethics family feelings fiction film food government health history Hong Kong inequality innovation international internet Japan language law liberalism literature love marriage media migration nationalism new generation new media personal story philosophy poetry politics psychology public service regions relationships religion sexuality Shanghai society sport Taiwan travel university urbanism values women work
A note on our translationsAll translations on this website are generated by users on a volunteer basis. Translation is a difficult art, and various interpretations of a passage are sometimes possible. The version you're reading may contain inaccuracies - or the meaning intended by its original author may not exactly correspond to your interpretation. It is your responsibility to take this potential margin of error into account whenever quoting from us or forming a judgement based on one of our texts.
- A digest of online China – 19 Oct – 24 OctMarco Polo Project blog on 做一个没有职业艺术家的白日梦 – The daydream of a non-professional artist – English
- julien.leyre on Happy – 高兴 – English
- A digest of online China – 22 Sep – 26 SepMarco Polo Project blog on Fashionable men and women are ‘unfit for marriage – 时髦男女“婚无能” – English
- China’s ‘loadsamoney mentality’Marco Polo Project blog on China’s one-party system in contrast – 中国一党制的正反观 – English
- A digest of online China – 15 sep – 19 SepMarco Polo Project blog on Innovative corruption – 腐败创新 – English
- Beer pong and study: where do Chinese universities fit in?Marco Polo Project blog on 大学生为何后悔上大学 – Why do Chinese students regret entering University? – English
Sources and copyright – 版权
Our website provides a diverse selection of new online writing from China. Our goal is to promote cultural exchange and give Western readers a direct access to voices from China. We make all efforts to get authorisation from authors before re-publishing, and all our texts have a link to their original source.
If you are a copyright owner, and you believe that any material on our website infringes your copyright, please accept our apologies, contact us at info at marcopoloproject.org to remove the texts in question.
我们所有的文本有一个链接到原始来源， 并承认原作者。 我们的目标是促进文化交流并给西方读者直接访问来自中国的声音。 如果您是版权拥有者，您认为在我们的网站的任何材料侵犯了您的版权，请与我们联系信息在marcopoloproject.org。我们会从我们的网站删除文本。