How to use our website?
- No events
register / login
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments info AT marcopoloproject.org.
Keywords: places and locations
Keywords: politics, development, economyagriculture architecture bureaucracy business censorship civil disobedience constitution consumerism corruption demography design development dissent economy employment environment free market government grassroots huawei industry inequality innovation IT land law leadership lenovo modernity party policy politics pollution protest public service real estate recruitment reform resources revolution service trade transport urbanisation urbanism Wal-mart war welfare
Keywords: culture, media, social issuesaging animals art books children city life culture death disability divorce education face family feminism fiction film food friendship gaokao gender health history homosexuality intellectuals intergenerational relations internet journalism landscape language literature marriage martial arts media medicine migration music new generation new media newspaper night-life parents pension personal story poetry politeness pornography prostitution reconciliation relationships sex sexuality Snowden society sport Spring Festival suicide teenager travel TV university video games violence weibo women work
Values and theoriesAdam Smith aesthetics anger authoritarianism beauty buddhism christianism collaboration communism competition confucianism Confucius consensus consumerism cultural revolution democracy ethics faith fear feelings freedom hatred ideology Islam Lenin liberalism loneliness loss of values love loyalty marxism materialism memory money nationalism orientalism philosophy psychology public intellectuals racism religion sadness social ethics sociology theory values
A note on our translationsAll translations on this website are generated by users on a volunteer basis. Translation is a difficult art, and various interpretations of a passage are sometimes possible. The version you're reading may contain inaccuracies - or the meaning intended by its original author may not exactly correspond to your interpretation. It is your responsibility to take this potential margin of error into account whenever quoting from us or forming a judgement based on one of our texts.
- A digest of online China – June 26-July 1 | Marco Polo Project blog on Traditional paper media shouldn’t let itself collapse – 传统纸媒不能自乱阵脚 – English
- abukamil on How the Cultural Revolution affected a post-80s such as me – 文革对我这个80后的影响 – English
- julien.leyre on How the Cultural Revolution affected a post-80s such as me – 文革对我这个80后的影响 – English
- A digest of online China – June 19-25 | Marco Polo Project blog on ‘It’s hard to get a ticket’, so when will it get better? – “一票难求”到底何时才能解决？ – English
- A digest of online China – June 19-25 | Marco Polo Project blog on Why did I open a co-working space? – 我为什么选择做”一起开工社区”这件这么难的事情 – English
- A digest of online China – June 19-25 | Marco Polo Project blog on Is that how it is? – 莫非就是这样
- A digest of online China – June 19-25 | Marco Polo Project blog on About passion – 论激情 – English
- A digest of online China – June 19-25 | Marco Polo Project blog on Pregnant ghost – 《怀孕的女鬼》
- SOAS all-you-can-translate | on Events
- Marco Polo Tour | on Events
Sources and copyright – 版权
Our website provides a diverse selection of new online writing from China. Our goal is to promote cultural exchange and give Western readers a direct access to voices from China. We make all efforts to get authorisation from authors before re-publishing, and all our texts have a link to their original source.
If you are a copyright owner, and you believe that any material on our website infringes your copyright, please accept our apologies, contact us at info at marcopoloproject.org to remove the texts in question.
我们所有的文本有一个链接到原始来源， 并承认原作者。 我们的目标是促进文化交流并给西方读者直接访问来自中国的声音。 如果您是版权拥有者，您认为在我们的网站的任何材料侵犯了您的版权，请与我们联系信息在marcopoloproject.org。我们会从我们的网站删除文本。