Marco Polo Festival – Melbourne
City to City: Beijing , 23 Aug, 2h30 pm
The Third Culture, 23 Aug, 4h00 pm
Writing online/shaping culture, 25 Aug, 6h30 pm
The Creative in Translation, 26 Aug, 2h00 pm
All-you-can-translate, 30 Aug, 2h00 pm
A journey through Digital China , 01 Sep, 6h30 pm
Check out our full program here.
How to use our website?
register / login
Find a text to read or translate
Please, consider donating to support our ongoing operations. All payments info AT marcopoloproject.org.
Topicsaesthetics America Australia Beijing books business Chinese overseas city life corruption culture development economy education environment ethics family fiction film food government health history Hong Kong inequality international internet Japan language law liberalism literature love marriage media migration nationalism new generation new media personal story philosophy poetry policy politics psychology public service regions relationships religion sexuality Shanghai society sport Taiwan travel university urbanisation urbanism values women work
A note on our translationsAll translations on this website are generated by users on a volunteer basis. Translation is a difficult art, and various interpretations of a passage are sometimes possible. The version you're reading may contain inaccuracies - or the meaning intended by its original author may not exactly correspond to your interpretation. It is your responsibility to take this potential margin of error into account whenever quoting from us or forming a judgement based on one of our texts.
- Weibo – it ain’t black and whiteMarco Polo Project blog on The death and birth of online literature – 网络文学的死与生 – English
- Weibo – it ain’t black and whiteMarco Polo Project blog on The Death of online literature – 网络文学之死 – English
- Weibo – it ain’t black and whiteMarco Polo Project blog on Weibo is a good thing – 微博是一个好东西 – English
- A Digest of Online China July 10-15Marco Polo Project blog on 我们究竟有多么特殊？ – Just how special are we? – English
- A Digest of Online China July 10-15Marco Polo Project blog on 关于社会保障问题的几点思考 – Reflections on the social security issue – English
- A digest of online China – July 2-8 Marco Polo Project blog on 关于社会保障问题的几点思考 – Reflections on the social security issue – English
- A digest of online China – July 2-8 Marco Polo Project blog on City spirit, empty words – 假大空的城市精神 – English
- ‘Shamate’: China had hipsters before they were coolMarco Polo Project blog on Great migration China-style: where is our hometown? – 中国式大迁徙：何处安放我们的故乡 – English
- ‘Shamate’: China had hipsters before they were coolMarco Polo Project blog on 你们能指责80后吗？ – Can you accuse the post-eighties generation? – English
- ‘Shamate’: China had hipsters before they were coolMarco Polo Project blog on 有一种空虚叫做农村 – There is a void called the countryside – English
Sources and copyright – 版权
Our website provides a diverse selection of new online writing from China. Our goal is to promote cultural exchange and give Western readers a direct access to voices from China. We make all efforts to get authorisation from authors before re-publishing, and all our texts have a link to their original source.
If you are a copyright owner, and you believe that any material on our website infringes your copyright, please accept our apologies, contact us at info at marcopoloproject.org to remove the texts in question.
我们所有的文本有一个链接到原始来源， 并承认原作者。 我们的目标是促进文化交流并给西方读者直接访问来自中国的声音。 如果您是版权拥有者，您认为在我们的网站的任何材料侵犯了您的版权，请与我们联系信息在marcopoloproject.org。我们会从我们的网站删除文本。